In the run-up to our next London Brewers’ Market on Saturday, the 11th, we are working with some excellent local venues for London Brewers’ Market Tap Takeovers.
Starting as early as this Wednesday, the 1st of July, expect to see a variety of beers from London’s brewers on the taps at locations around London. So what pubs and bottle shops are taking part in our tap takeovers? Have a look at the map:
Here’s a small selection of what some of the pubs and bottle shops have planned for their tap takeovers of London beer:
- The Duke’s Head – This fine Highgate institution will be first out the gate for the London Brewers’ Market Tap Takeovers, starting theirs on Wednesday, the 1st of July. Stop in this Wednesday to see Anspach & Hobday for Bottle Club (ticket required) and this Thursday, the 2nd, to see Lee from Hammerton Brewery. If you haven’t been The Duke’s Head yet, the tap takeover will be a brilliant excuse to visit this wonderful pub, and there’s plenty of other events coming up worth your time.
- The Prince – Stoke Newington’s superb The Prince will be featuring several London breweries on their many taps from Friday, the 3rd, through Saturday, the 11th. Expect breweries such as Beavertown, Redchurch and Camden Town on draught, served alongside some winning food from chef Will Dee.
- The Hop & Berry – A fine pub already championing London brewers, The Hop & Berry will be holding its London Brewers’ Market Tap Takeover from Saturday, the 4th until the 11th. 12 keg taps and 3 cask taps will be hosting a range of brews from folks such as Orbit Beers, Fourpure, ELB and more.
- The Cock Tavern – Stalwart supporters of the London brewing scene and the original home of Howling Hops, The Cock will be rocking the London Brewers’ Market Tap Takeover from Monday, the 6th through Sunday, the 12th of July. Do NOT miss Raw Cheese Power‘s Holy Cheese Mountain appearing on the bar Thursday, the 9th. Unless, of course, you don’t like cheese. But we sure as hell do.
- Jackdaw & Star – This Homerton gem will be featuring plenty of fine London brewers on their taps from Monday, the 6th, through Sunday, the 12th. Don’t miss out on the fine food from Sugar Shack, and there’s a bourbon tasting on Thursday, the 9th.
- The Three Compasses – Dalston’s glory, The Three C’s will be supporting several London breweries including local heroes The Five Points and Pressure Drop. Find over half the taps filled with London beer from Wednesday, the 8th, through Saturday, the 11th.
- The Crown and Shuttle – One of the closest pubs to Old Spitalfields Market, The Crown and Shuttle make a great place to head to after the London Brewers’ Market shuts at 7pm (or the first start of your London Brewers’ Market Tap Takeover pub crawl…). But don’t miss stopping into this pub earlier in the week, as they’ll be running the tap takeover from Wednesday, the 8th of July through the Saturday.
- The Royal Albert – This charming New Cross pub will also be hosting its tap takeover from Wednesday, the 8th, and you’ll find London brews on through the 12th, making it a great place for your post-market Sunday lunch. They will be focusing on South London brewers, so check in to find some truly local offerings.
- The White Hart Brew Pub – Also not far from Old Spitalfields Market, The White Hart is home to One Mile End, who will be at the market on Saturday, the 11th. You can try their fantastic range of beers early, alongside other local brewers, from Wednesday the 8th through Sunday, the 12th.
- The Beer Boutique – The Beer Boutique will feature London brewers on their kegerator from Friday, the 10th of July through Saturday, the 12th. Fill up a flagon or growler from Beavertown or Kernel here.
- Hops & Glory – Islington’s home of Solvay Society who brew beneath the pub, Hops & Glory will be continuing its reputation for great beer with a London Brewers’ Market Tap Takeover from Friday, the 10th through Sunday, the 12th, so stop in for some super cosy vibes.
- BrewDog Shoreditch – Close to Old Spitalfields, BrewDog Shoreditch will be hosting its London Brewers’ Market Tap Takeover on Saturday and Sunday, the 11th and 12th of July. Stop in after London Brewers’ Market and taste all the beers you might have missed at Old Spitalfields.
There’s more venues taking part, including The Craft Beer Co. in Islington, The Kings Arms in Bethnal Green and Clapton Craft in glorious Clapton featuring London beer on the bar or through their growler fills. We’ll be updating the Tap Takeover page with their information soon!
Meanwhile, if you run a pub, bar or bottle shop and would like to take part in a London Brewers’ Market Tap Takeover before (or even a wee bit after) the London Brewers’ Market on Saturday, the 11th of July, there’s still time to get involved! Get in touch with Doreen and she’ll send across the details.